From:
Dan Henby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 12:21:17 +1000
Hello.

My name is Dan Henby and this is my first post to this list. I am an
assistant minister in an Anglican Church in Sydney Australia, and I have a
question regarding "Ezzo babies".

I'm working on a project which is critical of Gary Ezzo's work. I am looking
at his work from a mainly theological point of view (which I disagree with),
but also from a medical point of view. I have read in journals reports of
"many children" who have had low weight gain and even fail to thrive, but
the reports are soft. That is, they can't be easily followed up. In my
project I am seeking to say that there are at least (some number) of
children who have been threatened by being placed on a schedule.

My major concern is that the current trend here in Australia is that the
whole country seems to be going over to Ezzo's curriculum, without a word of
caution (or even a thought, I think). I hope to raise awareness of the
seriour theological, health and relational problems that I see in the
programs, and to try to get people to stop using the program simply because
it gets your children to sleep through the night. (which I still don't
believe, given the reports of night waking among some of the people I know
who used babywise.)

The reason for this posting is this: I would like to hear from LC's and
other medicos who have, personally, dealt with babies whose health has been
threatened by the Prep/Babywise program. If you could tell me your name, and
roughly how many children you have seen in the past 5 years who have had
this sort of problem. Please don't say "many". I need to be able to give a
rough accounting of how many.

If I can get a good idea there, that will make my case stronger.

If you do reply to this, please reply to me directly:
[log in to unmask] DON't reply to the list, as that sort of volume
probably wouldn't be appreciated.

With thanks,

Dan