From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 08:44:57 -0500
Hi Kathleen,

I'll check again with Bob, and see if anything new has come out - which
reminds me about Torodol.  Ruth Lawrence has been running her own "study" on
Prozac, and watching babies whose moms have been taking it, and feels it is
basically OK.  You need to read her little monograph on it in the 4th ed. of
her book.  Anyway, I think it is one of those "use with caution" types of
things.

Speaking of Torodal (ol?) which you weren't, but I will:  there has been a
new dictum from the company stating that breastfeeding is totally
contraindicated with this drug.  Bob called the company that makes it to find
out what the new research showed.  There is no new research, there is no
change in the drug, there is no evidence to state that Torodal and
breastfeeding is a problem.  The company wasn't real clear on why they
changed their stand on it, but apparently it looks like a CYA sort of thing.
 If anyone has other information on this, let me know, 'k?

Jan