From:
beth mcmillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:17:24 -0400
Hi everyone,

I hate to do this.....have spent a good deal of time searching already
(wouldn't ask if I hadn't!) but I have been looking for citations regarding the
use of metformin  (something that explains why it may be helpful) in moms
with PCOS/insulin resistance.  I have a couple but am not completely
satisfied..have been to Pubmed but feel that there must be something out
there that can back me up a bit more clearly - or maybe I'm crazy!!!  What do
you all know about this??  Am I going to have to review the whole role (which
is still largely a mystery) of insulin and sugar metabolism in milk production to
justify myself to this doc.........probably, huh?
And Janice S, if you are reading this, we'll talk tomorrow about this particular
client!

Thanks

beth (IBCLC & LLLC leader)
Ottawa