From:
Kathy & Paul Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:17:09 -0400
Hello Lactnetters!

The listmothers have had multiple requests to change subscriber addresses
over the last week or so.  'Tis the season for new ISPs, I guess!  Because
of this, and because many people are away from their computers at this time
of year for vacations, I wanted to refresh everyone's memory on how to
manage their subscriptions.  There are something like 2200 people on Lactnet
and unless you are absolutely stumped on how to solve a computer issue, we'd
really appreciate it if you would take care of going nomail and changing
addresses yourselves.

If you are changing addresses, you need to unsubscribe from the old one
*before* you stop using that account. Do this by sending the command
<unsubscribe lactnet> to <[log in to unmask]>.

Then subscribe with the new address, using the same address and the command
<subscribe lactnet firstname lastname>.

If you want to go nomail use the command <set lactnet nomail> and to start
it again use <set lactnet mail>.  Don't use the website interface as there
is only the option to leave the list, not go nomail, and it is very
frustrating to think you are going nomail and find out you have unsubbed
altogether!

These commands are in the welcome note that you all received when you
joined.  To get another copy, send the command <get lactnet welcome> to the
listserv address.  A reminder is also on the bottom of every Lactnet post.

Thanks so much!
Kathy (and the other listmothers)