From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:26:41 -0600
I would be thinking possibly the letdown is too slow for baby????
or I would be thinking baby is having some trouble breathing while bf?????
For example the large breast somehow occluding? does baby have a blocked
nare and with bottle feeding he is more upright or can open his mouth for
periodic breathing breaks, and latch again easily to the bottle/??
I would want to really watch what he does on the bottle and what positions
he used on breast, and interview mom more thoroughly as to what conditions
make things better, worse. And is baby's head extended well while bf, or is
it too flexed for proper breathing and swallowing. These would be my
thoughts as I try to figure it out.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA