From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:50:44 +0300
Yes it is heartbreaking, the breastfeeding issue but also the separation of
mother and baby.  If it is because of violence and danger to the baby, then
of course fostering is the solution. But if it is a case of drugs or other
addiction or simply a young single mother who cannot cope, wouldn`t it be
more humane to find her a "buddy", an   experienced mother who could stay
with her for a while and give her support and guidance.  It`s too much to
ask of a mother with children at home but as stated here the foster mother
was the "grandmotherly" type, it would suit someone whose kids have flown
the nest and could be away from their homes for a short period.
I am sure that Social Services in all our "developed countries" have never
thought of that.
Wendy Blumfield
Haifa, Israel
NCT (UK) Tutor Prenatal Teacher/Breastfeeding Counsellor