From:
Cheryl Pelkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 11:58:27 -0500
Like so many others that I have seen here, I, too, was aghast the first time
I heard the "follow-up" formula promo on the Barney show. Glad to finally
have an address to vent some steam to!
As for moms who either make the choice or are considering pumping and then
bottlefeeding EBM, while it boggles my mind quite frankly.  I do feel that
it is largely due to the fact that in extolling the virtues of breastMILK,
we have neglected to make the point that feeding at the BREAST is equally
important.  I always stress to moms when we discuss this type of situation,
that breastfeeding is something that ONLY she can do for her baby and I
stress the importance of that special bond that no one else in baby's life
can duplicate.   Moms also need to know that the probability of losing their
milk supply early on is very high because of the lack of nipple stimulation
....anyway, I'm preaching to the converted here....
Pearl, thanks for the piece on jaundice and circs...I enjoyed it.

Cheryl Pelkey, LLL
Cheryl