From:
"Dr. Leeper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:47:30 -0600
Hmmm...I am assuming this baby is passing lots of gas?

did the baby stay on one side and get 3.8 oz in 20 mins?  If so, is he
fussing from mom's oversupply drowning him?  Does he have a tongue-tie at
all that keeps him from handling the flow comfortably? Rolling in the lips
is a sign he feels he has trouble keeping a hold of the breast...also a sign
of toungue-tie.,,or maybe the breast is too full and hard?

I am not sure what you mean by "breathing fast" while feeding, but it
implies to me he is having trouble handling the flow.  Food senstitivity
should not do that.

An easy way to sort it out is to have mom pump a couple of ounces off before
nursing and see if he instantly acts more comfortable at the breast.

Kathy Leeper, MD, IBCLC
Medical Director, MilkWorks