From:
Amy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 22:17:42 -0600
   It sounds like he's just a
> small guy...maybe he'll grow up to be a horse jockey or something like
> that.  :-)

I have to smile. This is not at all scientific, just my personal experience.
My youngest son is very small. He is not "supposed" to make it past 5'4" at
his adult height. We used to joke about him being a jockey...until we
watched the movie Seabiscuit. At just over 2 years, he was 18 pounds (7.5
pounds at birth). At 3 years, he was almost 21 pounds. At 10 years, he is
now on the fast track to the US Junior National Team for gymnastics,
training at our US Olympic Training Center in Colorado. His weight is great
because he is the most muscular 10 year old you've ever seen. At 4'1" he now
weighs a solid 58 pounds with a perfect V shape and an enormously muscular
chest and shoulders. He is finally very happy to be short since it gives him
such an advantage in his beloved sport.

All that aside, I know that mom's concern. I do think he has food
sensitivities. I listen to him, for the most part, when it comes to what he
does and doesn't want to eat, and always have. His natural choices end up
pretty healthy, other than his weakness for ice cream. :)

Amy Brown, IBCLC
Colorado Springs, CO USA