From:
maka laughingwolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:55:26 -0800
thanks to everyone for their suggestions and prayers, thoughts...

i have apparently ovulated for the first time since griffin was born, as evidenced by a probable ovarian cyst. i've had many, but this one hurt more than most, and i was really concerned about an ectopic pregnancy. i had a tubal pregnancy 2 years ago and hemorrhaged badly before it was finally discovered (didn't show up on ultrasound, exploratory surgery found "an unbelieveable amount" (per my GYN) of blood in my abdomen). i had decided this morning that if the pain was the same or worse by this evening i'd go to the doctor tomorrow. it peaked early this morning, being almost unbearable at that point, and by afternoon it was gone, with just some residual tenderness left now. also, lots of yellow watery discharge today. so from past experience i'd say that the cyst ruptured in the night.

i was so scared of having to go through surgery and hospitalization, which i hate anyway, while trying to fight to breastfeed griffin.

Maka Laughingwolf, nursing CONSTANTLY for 48 hours...Griffin is teething, having a growth spurt, fighting a cold, AND recovering from 6 days in the car, ALL AT ONCE!!!
breastfeeding peer counselor
studying toward eventual IBCLC
***NOMAIL on LACTNET***
settling into our new (temporary) home in Yakima, WA