From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:29:31 +1100
Yes, please! I know I sound like a broken record here but so many adoptive
mothers are told that they will not be able to produce what their child
needs and often LCs and other HCP approach them in this way. I remember the
adoptive mother who went to a LC for help and was told that there was
nothing that could be done to increase her milk supply she was an adoptive
mother- end of story. Fortunatley this mother was smart enough to see
another LC who simply helped improve her child's latch. Vwalla! stopped
supplementing in a couple of weeks. I would much rather it if LCs and others
would say to the adoptive mother who comes to her for help "Sure, you will
be able to produce all the milk your child needs. It may happen after a
month, or 6 months or a year but eventually you will get there" It's a much
more positive way of looking at it.
Karleen Gribble
Australia