From:
Linda Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 21:56:22 -0700
I would like information on other hospitals policies for cleaning
breastpumps.  We have 4 breastpumps in the " pump room" that are available
to all employees and the mothers (discharged) of babies in the NICU.  These
pumps might get used 5-10 times per day (each pump, that is).  I have tried
to set it up so that each user cleans it with the hospital provided
cleanser (ascend) but the cleaning services will not allow this product to
be used by non-trained employees.  They will not allow a non-hospital
product to be used either.  I appreciate any information.  Thank you

Linda Stewart,RN, MSN,IBCLC
in SunnySanDiego,CA