From:
Andrea Eastman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:55:41 -0400
Hello,

As I was driving 2-1/2 hours (each way) to see Dr. Newman and Dr. Hale
in Cincinnati, Ohio last Friday, I was also listening to NPR.  I heard a
story about Florida's lawsuit against the tobacco companies, and the
opinion of the commentators that Florida had a strong case.

Their case was made stronger by a law that was passed in Florida 3 years
ago.  I am not sure exactly what it covered - it's hard to take notes
when you are driving 65 miles per hour - but I think it was related to
Medicaid reimbursements for DEFECTIVE products.  This law was part of
the ground work for Florida's suit against the companies.

My question is...  Wouldn't this law also apply to formula companies?
Couldn't lawsuits be brought to recover health care costs related to the
use of artificial baby milk?

Andrea Eastman, MA, CCE, LLLL
Granville, Ohio
Gentle Birth Alternatives