From:
Marijke Frings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:56:10 +0100
Loren Cordain also states that our Western diets don't contain the proper
omega 3 / omega 6 ratio.
http://www.thepaleodiet.com/

I think when we eat sufficient omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids it also helps
our immuun system. I am wondering what the effect is on mastitis etc.. And
after hearing the lecture of Kathy Kendall Tackett about A new Paradigm for
depressions in new mothers at GOLD09  I think it will be benificial to
prevent other problems we see mothers struggling with. (fatique, stress.
depression)

After reading his book The Paleo Diet  I am eating 3 servings of oily fish
and I introduced flax seed oil in my kitchen and walnut oil.
We are eating more fruit and vegetables now.

My daughter doesn't like fish so I buy her fish oil capsules.

When mothers tell me they are so tired, I ask them what the eat and snack.
The answer is most of the times: bread, cookies etc.
I ask them if I may give them information about food. Then I suggest them to
try a protein rich snack instead of bread or cookies.

Marijke Frings
IBCLC
Nutritionist, MSc, Wageningen University, The Netherlands.