From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 00:42:11 EDT
Mary wrote:
Having been attending (LLL)
 meetings for over 21 years and leading for 11+ years I can honestly say
 that rarely were questions brought up regarding how long was long enough
 in terms of "time".   It's amazing what pregnant women coming to these
 meetings "take in" in terms of breastfeeding "know how" just from
 watching the other mothers and their babies."

Mary,
I have also been a Leader for over 10 years. I find fewer and fewer mothers in my community interested in LLL than ever. They want to pay the LC to come in and fix the problem. They often do not view bf as a part of mothering and find this concept difficult to grasp. Bf'ing has become more and more something to manage--more medicalized and less organic.
    Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA