Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:47:31 -0500
I have a little hand-out I've created called the Breast-Brain connection.  Milk supply issues occur when either the breast or brain are not functioning properly OR there is a breakdown in the plumbing or wiring connections between breast and brain.  For wiring to work - there must be good connections between source and receiver.  For plumbing to work, the same thing.  In addition, the receiver has to be open to receive the signals.  If there are drugs that prevent nerve transmission, or drugs that enhance nerve transmission - if the receptacle is full or empty - these things affect the delivery of signals, milk components, hormones, etc.  When I am working with a mom I say - we are going to play detective here and look at every problem.  It seems to help moms to stop taking it personally against themselves or their babies and look objectively at the issues. Eliminate them one by one. And realize that the longer an issue the longer it takes to "fix".