From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2008 12:05:51 -0600
Milk powder & diapers greatly needed in quake-hit areas

http://www.china.org.cn/china/wenchuan_earthquake/2008-05/19/content_1534380
5.htm

By Pang Li

"Presently milk powder is not available here and the relief food is not
suitable for my little boy. I cannot get water to wash him, nor diapers to
change him. My baby is suffering!" Su Bangqiong, an earthquake victim from
the epicenter town of Yingxiu cried while holding her nine-month old child.
"If the situation goes on like this, my child is going to die," she said,
beseeching others for help.

Many infants are experiencing similar suffering in quake-hit areas around
Sichuan Province. Due to the food shortages, many nursing mothers there
cannot produce enough breast milk. Meanwhile, baby food, like milk powder,
is rarely available. Many infants are suffering from hunger.

 (see link for full article)

 (China.org.cn May 19, 2008)

Janice Reynolds

Saskatchewan, Canada