Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:42:12 EST
Dear Marilyn and Lactnetters,
    I had a mom with twins that developed PUPP a few days after discharge
from the hospital.  She was initially treated for an allergy to the c-section
dressing (it began all over her lower abdomen).  It later continued to spread
to her thighs, arms, etc with terrible itching.
    She was in our office for a consult when she showed me her stomach and
thighs.  I remembers a discussion on PUPP here.  Dr. Alice Dermer's post is
within another post in the archives.......I pulled it up and suggested she
ask the dermatologist (her ob had referred her) if it could be PUPP.  Indeed,
he thought that was it.  Sadly, she was so stressed from multiple
appointments to docs (ped, Ob, dermatologist) and us, which included a 40
mile round trip with week old twins and terrible itching, she stopped
breastfeeding.
    So to answer your question, Marilyn, I have seen it post-partum.

Jan Ellen Brown, RDH, IBCLC
In sunny Charlotte, NC, USA