From:
Cynthia Good Mojab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:37:20 -0700
Dear colleagues:

Where do you refer breastfeeding mothers of nurslings with congenital
disorders when they need more information and support as they cope with
their child's disorder? I'm trying to compile a list of resources
(particularly national/international organizations) that provide support
and information (OUTSIDE of the United States or in languages OTHER THAN
English) to individuals and families affected by congenital disorders
(birth defects). The information will be included in a publication for
lactation consultants regarding breastfeeding and congenital disorders, so
it must be accurate/up-to-date. I need the exact name of the organization,
mailing address, phone, facsimile (fax), web site address (url), and a
brief description of the services offered by the organization. If you know
of resources in your non-US nation and/or non-English language, please
email me privately as soon as possible. If you would like to see my
US/English list of major resources, take a look at my article "Congenital
Disorders: Implications for Breastfeeding" (Good Mojab, C., LEAVEN, Vol. 35
No. 6, December 1999-January 2000, pp. 123-28), available on-line from the
publications page of my web site, Ammawell at http://ammawell.homepage.com
and on LLLI's website at http://www.lalecheleague.org.

[I do know about the Birth Defects Foundation in the UK
(http://www.birthdefects.co.uk/) and the information regarding congenital
disorders that is available on-line in Spanish (and English) through NOAH
(New York On-line Access to Health) (http://www.noah.cuny.edu/).]

Thank you!

Cynthia Good Mojab, MS Clinical Psychology
(Breastfeeding mother, advocate, independent researcher and author; LLL
Leader and researcher in the LLLI Publications Department; and former
psychotherapist currently busy nurturing her own little one.)
Ammawell
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web site: http://ammawell.homepage.com