From:
Lucy Towbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:02:52 -0600
I will be doing a lactation update in a conference coming up for lay midwives, who are certified to do home births in Arkansas.  I have been told that there is no need to cover basics but they would like an update on recent information and research.  What topics would you cover and what sources do you recommend for this?  I always have a hard time narrowing it down and try to do too much. So I thought it would be useful to hear other people's thoughts on what important topics to cover.  Thanks.

Lucy Towbin, MSW, LCSW, IBCLC

"Formula feeding is the longest lasting uncontrolled experiment lacking informed consent in the history of medicine." - Frank Oski, MD (1932-1996)
Chair Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University, 1985-1996