Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:09:18 EST
'Netters all,

Dr Matt Aney, pediatrician in CA, asked me to let you all know that his
article on BabyWise and the Ezzo program will be in the April AAP News,
scheduled to be mailed out tomorrow.  As soon as it hits, I'm sure the Ezzo
supporters will be writing letters against the article like mad, and the AAP
will be innundated with stories of "how it worked for us" (meaning their
babies slept through the night at 6 to 8 weeks or whatever), just like what
happened with the Wall Street Journal article.

The BabyWise feeding  "rules" are in direct opposition to the wonderful new
recommendations of the AAP.

Please get a copy of the article and send your comments to the AAP in support
of Matt and the boldness of the AAP in publishing an article about this
controversial program.   I'm sure the Academy would be interested in hearing
stories from other health care providers of the damage this program has
inflicted on babies and breastfeeding.

If anyone has any further questions or comments, you can e-mail me privately.

Jan B.