From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:06:19 +0800
><< don't you know what oil is for?  It's to stop
> those babies from squeaking, of course!  Now, what is
> baby powder for? >>

My mother thought I was a 'terrible' mother for not using baby powder
on my babies. She told me that it was to make them smell nice, 'like
a baby'. Now I know why they had to use baby powder in her day,
because formula-fed babies do need their smell (like sour milk)
covered up. But breastfed babies smell sweet just as they are!
(BTW I was a rarity at the time - breastfed, but Mum still lived in a
bottle-feeding culture. She told me that I, as a baby, was very
determined to get what I wanted. Not much has changed ;-D))