From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 09:30:46 -0400
Ayelet, What a blessing that you ran into this little family - even though
it may not seem that way when you're tossing in bed. Alerting the pedi is
indeed the right thing to do. We cannot do this work in a vacuum and
sometimes it takes everyone of us who touch these lives to get them the help
they need. Or to have them hear us! They may have felt something was not
quite right but didn't have the wherewithal (energy, culture, ??) to contact
someone. And the bottom line is that sometimes health professionals don't go
into the depth needed to "see" what's going on with these babies. I wouldn't
be surprised if that baby hasn't seen someone with experienced eyes since
the once month appointment.

As Marianne says, hope you'll update us because now we're all feeling
concerned but know you did the right thing!

Dawn Kersula in Vermont