From:
"Julia R. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:43:45 -0500
>Deborah S. Dowe, RN, CCE, IBCLC posted:
>
>I have been contacted by a colleague and have been given permission to
>post.   Baby is just over 1 year old and has been exclusively breastfed.
>The problem (as told to me)is that this child will not easily accept any
>solid foods.  [snip]

Has this child been evaluated for any physical or sensory issues that might
be interfering with acceptance of solids? If not, it might not hurt to
investigate that angle.

What sort of foods have the parents tried with regard to self-feeding? I
ask because my daughter rejected nearly all solids except oat-O cereal
until she was about 1. She's never eaten or drunk anything unless she's
been the one in charge of it, and she completely skipped the pureed food
stage. All seems well with her though.

I hope the same is true of the child described above.

regards,
Julia

Julia R. Barrett
Freelance Science Writer & Editor