From:
Andrea Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:13:48 -0600
>Women do not need to be protected from the knowledge of the consequences of
>their choices.  If they feel guilty, then so be it.

I'm with you, Kathy.  I'm sick of this argument.  Do people feel guilty
sometimes because they don't listen to advice to stop smoking, eat well,
and exercise?  Of course. But that doesn't stop physicians and public
health officials from spreading the message. There is no worry about
hurting people's feelings because the message is an important one.

People will go to great lengths and great expense to make sure their kids
have every advantage -- tutoring, private schools, travel, music lessons,
sports camps, etc.  They need to know that the very first decision they
make that will affect that child's health, intelligence, and quality of
life is the breast vs. formula choice.

Andrea Morgan