From:
Cordelia Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:00:17 -0800
Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome causes recurrent miscarriage and/or
stillbirth if not treated.  The antibodies cause small clots to form
in the placenta causing slowed growth and pregnancy loss if not
treated, most women have no difficulty becoming pregnant, just staying
that way.  I'm not sure if it can be attributed to low milk supply.
It may be that your client has other hormonal issues going on.  I
think that there are enough women out there who have the condition
that it should be documented if there were issues with milk supply and
breastfeeding.

Cordelia Merritt, RN, BSN IBCLC