Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:50:12 -0500
Hear hear!   I have had the privilege of working with several IBCLC-MD's in my years in the profession.  These are KNOWLEDGEABLE, committed individuals.  I have already had my say on this once, briefly, but when folks are honestly and sincerely committed to helping breastfeeding mothers succeed, it behooves us all to acknowledge that!   I personally know many pediatricians who have given up their lunch in order to help a mom in their office.  I know pediatricians that have spent the dollars to put a hospital grade pump in their office - and then had it stolen for their trouble!  Even pediatricians that are not supportive of breastfeeding are often those who have had poor experiences and are not basically ill-willed people!  Let's be kind to one another!