From:
Rene R Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:20:46 -0500
Hello All,
        My name is Rene Fisher, I am a LLLLeader and hopefully next year I
will be an LC this year.  I recently subscribed to Lactnet and have been
reading lots.  I need some help and I know you all can.  Here is the
situation,  I have a mom( she has previously nursed 4 children and is in
her mid thirtys, baby is 11 months old)  who had what she thought was a
breast infection in her right breast, painful and 'lumpy' the dr. gave her
10 days of ammoxicilin, innitial symtoms went away but 3 weeks later left
breast became lumpy and painful, this time took dicloxicylen for 10 days,
six days into this treatment lumps and pain came back, we had spoken about
possible yeast before the first antibiodic but when the initial pain and
lumps went away I thought maybe it wasnt yeast, I spoke with a wonderful LC
friend and she filled me in better about yeast.  Less than one week after
the last antibiodic she took 150mg of Diflucan, pain subsided but still
around, 3 days later took another dose of Diflucan(150mg's)  all the lumps
except one went away, it was not painful and she tryed all the clogged duct
remidies, 6 days later her breasts are lumpy again but the pain has not
come back, yet.  She has been on an anti yeast diet and has taken caprilic
acid and garlic for one week.  My question is will more Diflucan for a
longer period get rid of the yeast better?  The lump that never went away,
could that be a clog from the stubborn yeast?  Is there anything else that
will help her, do you think we are on the right tract??  She will call her
dr. tomorrow, but the dr. is very skeptical about it being yeast and thinks
maybe she should should stop nursing.  The dr. also did not treat the baby,
I was under the impression that the baby must also be treated. No yeast on
her nipples. I think I've told you everything.    HELP.

Thanks,
Rene R. Fisher LLLL
Middletown, NY