From:
Mary Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 22:54:14 -0400
Didn't I see something written some time in the past few years that
speculated that perhaps Chronic Fatigue Syndrome could be attributed to an
infection with cytomegalovirus?  Or am I imagining it, thinking of something
else, making links to another article on another subject....  (ah, if only
my brain had an index!!)  In any case, I *really do* think I saw this
somewhere;  don't know what's come of that theory but a health care provider
who'd also seen it, and who wasn't well-informed about breastfeeding, might
very well figure that, "Uh-oh, mom might have CMV, which is terrible in
babies;  gosh, she sure shouldn't breastfeed!"  Now all of *us* know that
this is, um, a stretch?  But I can so easily see it happening......

Mary Renard
Vienna, VA