Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 16:41:19 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)

Dear Marsha,

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I will contact corporate compliance tomorrow. That's a great idea. They make us do online learning every year saying we won't accept free gifts, maybe that is the best way to approach this. I hope they can help me. Someone else mentioned information about this written by ILCA, I will check their website. I really need to gather research that I can present to management. I also do not like taking "freebies" of anything, diapers, baby shampoo, etc., I think we are sending the message to parents that we are endorsing these products. I would love any articles or studies about this to present to management. 

I started here in June, I met the Enfamil rep for the first time today. I had no idea he was coming, just showed up and brought ice cream. Then the nurses told him that we are going to be baby friendly, so they called me because he had questions. So of course (like the similac rep last month) he offered to help in any way. And I politely said thank you, but the best way you can help is by not bringing any more coupons or gifts for the staff, we are compliant with the code now and can't accept them. He actually got mad, I couldn't believe it! I thought I was firm but polite. It was like he had never heard of this before. Wow. Anyway, he basically threatened to go over my head to my boss (who was gone for the day). I said sure no problem, give her a call, she'll be back tomorrow, or we can go to the directors office now? He just turned around and left. Oh, good grief. Guess I cut into his money. 

LOL, 
Tricia

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2