From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:44:52 +0000
There is no reason not to express, either through hand or pump, during
the pregnancy.  Think of all the tandem nursers who nurse through
pregnancy.  I've even heard of an EPer who pumped throughout the entire
pregnancy, and didn't have a drop in supply and was therefore pumping
'full' the entire time.

The issue would be if she was showing signs of pre-term labour - then it
would be inadvisable for expressing, as it may hurry along the labour.

Hand expressing for comfort and storing the colostrum in the freezer,
would be a useful thing.  Although the leaking may be due to the bra,
and may stop when she gets a more comfortable one.

Morgan Gallagher