From:
Trish Thackston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:47:00 -0400
Just a quick update on the mom I was counseling by e-mail who I posted
about a few weeks ago.  Her baby was fussing at the breast at nearly
every feeding and she did not want to quit, but wa at her wits end.

The information that I passed along regarding overactive letdown was
very helpful to her, especially the suggestion to give him total control
of his head so that he could pull off and take a break as needed.  The
baby is now happy at the breast most of the time.  Since he is usually
nursing well, she is no longer stressed about the times when he does
fuss and just takes a break until later.  Thanks everyone who was
supportive and willing to share additional ideas with me!

Trish, Lactation Educator in VA