Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:38:03 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I have a theory that this is like the women who can't conceive, then adopt and promptly get pregnant, or decide to give up the idea of having a child and begin to pursue another passion, and voila, they get pregnant.
       This mom of yours could not possibly be more uptight about producing milk, and the consequences are NO RELEASE.   I would keep the baby in kangaroo type care, skin to skin, use a sling, order a few massages, watch videos of nursing moms, have dad give her a shoulder massage before breastfeeding, use soothing music Baroque style music, maybe even have a beer or glass of wine, keep the baby in bed at night, etc.   Meanwhile get the baby weighed every other day, and have her keep a "casual" record of output of pees and poops.  Keep physician advised...
    Of course, there may be a another reason why she isn't producing milk, but none of the things I suggest can hurt as long as the baby gets something to eat, output is monitored, and freq wt checks are done.   This sounds simplistic--it is, but when we do trainings for peer counselors, some of whom are bf, they report greatly increased milk from sitting around talking about bf all day!    This is one of the reasons LLL works for so many mothers.   
   Just my .02 worth.  Michelle Scott, MA,RD,IBCLC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2