From:
Pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:53:49 -0500
Hi Gail and Netters,
Gail posts "I have a 4 drawer file cabinet and a 2 drawer cabinet and a
computer program that stores articles. I also have a 1 foot by 2 foot pile
of papers to file on my floor.
How about others out there.... what's your paper flow like?"
My home-office walls are all lined in filing cabinets and the closet is a
filing cabinet.  I was able to get a computer man in to design me a
computer software that has all my filed articles, journal articles, etc. on
my computer.  I got a secretary to do the data input.  I love it.  My files
are set up alphabetically, one cabinet is mother-related, another cabinet
is baby-related, another breastmilk-related, another product related, BF
Groups/Organizations, and misc cabinet.   Under mother-related, ie- I will
have a file "Sore Nipples" and then I  have subtitles within that file.  In
the back of my major group titles (that are in red folders), ie-"Sore
Nipples",  I have a misc. file which I will put in all the outlines,
conference lectures, magazine articles, etc. relating to that topic.   It
has made my "searching around" time alot shorter.  Yes, I do have 2ft.
piles that accumulate periodically.  I no longer have a secretary either
which does make things a bit more complicating.
"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow;  it only saps today of its
strength."  by A.J. Cronin
Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela, Inc.
Naperville, IL