From:
Jennifer Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 18:13:23 -0400
Milk out the nose could indicate a problem, but it might also be OAMER at
work!  Too large a volume of milk coming into the baby's mouth at once
combined with  baby being unable to swallow fast enough.  Baby kind of
chokes on the milk, and it comes out the nose.  My own son did this for
months - we discontinued feeding laying down and he did just fine with other
positions. No palatal problems were ever diagnosed.

Jennifer B. Davis, ICCE-CD, CD(DONA)
Triangle Birth Network, Inc.
www.trianglebirthnetwork.org