From:
michelle i scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:19:30 -0500
I have  a client who is BF an almost 6 month old, and has just gotten over a very painful bacterial vaginal infection.  (Candidasis RO) Her MD prescribed Estrace (an estrodiol) and suggested to her that the BF was caused the atropic vaginitis which he observed, and wanted to know how much longer she planned to BF.  She wants to continue to BF, prefers not to use this med since the med insert says caution with BF, and she wants to know if there are any homeopathic routes she can take.
My resources indicate that the use of the vaginal cream are okay with a baby who is this age (very round, happy, exclusively fed baby).   And I can advise her about foods which are estrogen stimulating, but does anyone know more about  natural, topical vaginal creams?