From:
Lisa Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:11:43 -0500
Dear Lactnetters,
  I brought my two year old son into the pediatrician's office to be
evaluated after several days of croup and high fever.  After several
unsuccessful attempts at visualizing my son's ear drum, including irrigation,
the pediatrician (not my usual one) asked me what my son's risk factors were
- no smoking in the house, no daycare, and no previous repeated ear
infections.  As my previously hysterical child was on my lap now happily
nursing away, the pediatrician said to me that "even though we can't see his
ear well today, he has no risk factors for an ear infection, and *HE IS
GETTING THE BEST ANTIBIOTIC IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW!"  Here I was prepared to
get lectured about nightnursing or worse, and I was very pleasantly suprised.
 The doctor is *very* young (he looked about twelve :-) to me) and although
he asked me "how long do you think that you will breastfeed him?" there was
not the least hint of judgement or criticism in the questions that he asked.

  So, until Dr. Jack moves here to sunny south Florida, I will have to stay
with our twelve year old pediatrician and his associates!

Lisa Jones, LLLL in Wellington Florida, USA