Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:11:29 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I had a similar situation when tandem nursing.  I felt ok nursing my my 3 year old when his younger sister was nursing on the other breast, but when he nursed alone, it made me have the fingernails on the chalkboard reaction.  I still can't understand why my body liked nursing two more than one but I just went with it because it made nursing him so much more comfortable.  I also had this feeling as my youngest was weaning recently.  The feeling crept up over time and then became almost unbearable even when I wasn't pregnant.  She was ready to start the weaning process so at least our bodies were on the same time table. I find pain much easier to nurse through than this fingernails on the chalkboard feeling!   
Jessica Cox Bingaman La Leche League Leader (909)798-7937 [log in to unmask] Join us at La Leche League Tri City/Redlands. We meet the 2nd Tuesday at 10:00 AM and the 3rd Thursday at 7 PM each month. Both meetings take place at TheUniversity United Methodist Church Nursery, 940 E. Colton Ave. Redlands. 

> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:15:14 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: A Breastfeeding While Pregnant Observation> To: [log in to unmask]> > Hello everyone,> > I've been on this list off and on for two years and this is my first post. I am an LLL Leader > and would like to share a breastfeeding while pregnant experience I am currently having > that I've never read about elsewhere. > > I have a 2 year-old son and 5 year-old daughter who are continuing to nurse and I am 23 > weeks pregnant. My daughter only nurses briefly once or twice/week now but my son > nurses several times/day. I've read Hillary Flower's Adventures in Tandem Nursing and > am aware that moms have very different experiences and reactions to nursing a toddler/> child through a subsequent pregnancy. Some continue to enjoy it, some find it physically > painful, too tiring or nauseating. And moms find many ways to cope and continue. > > Some moms find they feel a primal revulsion, like the reaction some have to hearing > fingernails on a blackboard, to nursing while pregnant. This is the how I currently am > experiencing nursing my 5 year-old. I continue to nurse her when she asks (which is > seldom) because I am already morning the impending loss of this special time in our lives > but my body and heart are screaming for me to stop. I would have attributed all of this to > the pregnancy hormones and my body preparing for the new arrival but I have none of > these feelings when nursing my 2 year-old. > > My theory on this is that it must have something to do with the sizes of their mouths or > how they physically move their mouths while nursing. We don't hear much from moms in > this situation and I thought some of you might find this interesting.> > Jennifer Picciano> Jamesville NY, USA> > ***********************************************> > To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail> To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)> To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet> All commands go to [log in to unmask]> > The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).> There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:> http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2