From:
Anne Merewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:21:30 -0500
Remember my Mom whose baby was taken by DSS (Dept. Soc. Services)? Well she
pumped for 6 weeks, so she said, but never showed up for the 'consult' the
day after she got her baby back, perhaps because she got her one year old
back the same week...her life became rather hectic. Of course, I feared the
worst, thinking she must have given up BF etc. etc.
I called and left a gentle message saying to return the pump, and that she
could drop it off at the hospital any time, no need to bring it to me
personally. Well guess what. She shows up with it yesterday (proudly
pushing baby in a stroller). "I wanted to see you," she says. "Is it still
OK to nurse my baby when she has a cold?"!! :) :) :) I restrained myself
from leaping about whooping and mentioned saline nose drops. I know, I
should have told her to use breastmilk. But I'm not sure she's ready for
that yet.....
Anne Merewood