From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 00:02:48 EDT
In a message dated 7/3/0 8:11:00 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I had a client who presented in a similar way and she found that adding
flax seed oil capsules to her diet helped her to gain weight.  She also
added 1/4 tsp of olive oil to almost everything that she ate. I think that
adding these two substances would be "safer" than adding peanut butter,
given her baby's sensitivity. >>

Pat,
Why the olive oil? Just for added calories? BTW, I do not recommend flax in
capsules--you need to take dozens per day to get enough oil and it is not
cost effective. I only would suggest it as a last resort for someone who just
cannot take it straight or added to food, but it is rather tasteless and even
my 2 yr old swallows it straight down. Also, flax will actually improve
metabolism *and* absorption, so it will not make those who are overweight
gain weight--it will actually help w/ weight loss in such cases.
Jennfier Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA