From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:30:16 EST
Dear Melissa and All,

I remember well that 20/20 show on family bed because my letter was read on
the air for the show (I knew because I'd written it on a yellow legal pad and
recognized my incensed words re the Ferber show-akin to child abuse I believe
I stated.).  I second your opinion that 20/20 is out for sensationalism based
on past shows.  I'd love to be interviewed for extended BF but after reading
Kathy's post I decided to not try as my baby is almost 12 and weaned 6 yrs
ago and my 17 yr old said "no way" when I asked her if she'd like to be on
the show and discuss her 7 yrs of BFing!

Oh well...  Too bad they won't talk with moms who did BF for awhile because
our kids are terrific and show what extended BFing can produce!

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY