From:
Evelyn Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:02:42 -0500
        We have a mom who delivered a baby 6 days ago under emergency
conditions.  She developed pulmonary edema, congestive heart failure and
toxemia.  The baby is a little over 1 pound and will be in NICU for a long
time.  Today the mom expressed an interest in starting to pump her breasts.
She  was sent home on meds which include Lanoxin, Spironolactone, Cozaar,
and Coreg.  I was able to get information on the first 3 from Dr. Hale's 97
book, but have not yet found anything on Coreg. Is anyone familiar with this
med and its transfer into breastmilk?  I suggested to the mom she could at
least start pumping so that her milk supply would get established while we
find out about the meds.  Also, at this point I do not know how long she
will be on the meds, or if the cardiologist would consider any other meds if
these are not compatible.  Thanks in advance for any information.