From:
Peggy Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:17:22 -0700
My name is Peggy Ventura and I am also one of the nursing students from IVY Tech Community College in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I must speak up on this topic. Discretion and decorum as public expectations are not out of line with breast feeding. Many nifty covers, shawls, and tops are available to allow the baby some privacy for feeding should it be needed in public. Babies will adjust to the use of them, believe me. My first son was  exclusively breast fed for the first 9 full months of his life.He also continued to get most of his nutrition from the breast until he was 14 months old. I went to picnics, restaurants, parks, family gatherings, grocery stores, department stores, you name it, with him. At no time was it necessary that I be indiscreet and expose myself or my son to the stares of strangers. This is part of the socialization process.

Peggy Ventura ITSN

Mirine Dye <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Dear Lactnetters,

I am very surprised at that rant whereas Bill Maher is a breastfeeding
spokesperson for PETA.
http://www.milksucks.com/baby.asp

I feel as though his writers came up with that rant and anyone who regularly
watches the show knows his writers are less than talented.

I highly recommend writing to PETA and request he either apologize or be
removed from the campaign. As a PETA member I can assure you they will hear
from me and if they value my long-term membership I hope they will listen.

501 Front St., Norfolk, VA 23510
757-622-PETA (7382)
57-622-0457 (fax)
[log in to unmask] is the media relations dept
[log in to unmask] is the Ad/PSA manager

Mirine R. Dye, BS, CLE
Serving the Florida Keys
Florida Keys Healthy Start Coalition
www.KeysHealthyStart.org