Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:41:05 -0600
The New Mexico Breastfeeding Task Force is  looking for a speaker for a breastfeeding conference who can talk on two related topics.  The first topic is "How to Optimize Milk Production in the NICU" a real how-to for moms, such as how often to pump, how long, a discussion of pumps, even how to develop a guide from someone who has really worked with moms doing this and has a very specific guide for the moms.  We know of the Rush program, but most of us don't have access to pumps to loan to our moms, so we want something that is specific but not out of reach for the average NICU to do.

The second topic is "Transitioning to Breastfeeding", again, a real how-to for moms to transition those hospitalized babies to the breast after they go home.  We know that many premies and moms don't have the support when they go home to help them get to the breast.  Moms need info such as: many premies will be very sleepy through their due date, so we can't always allow them to self schedule, mom is in charge of the feeding schedule, then how to help mom determine that scheduling.  Thanks in advance..

Please contact:

 Jacie Coryell

Changing the World one Breastfed baby at a time!

                    Andrea Bass, RN,  IBCLC, RLC