From:
Alicia Rudin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:43:15 -0400
Hi everyone!

Something that comes else to think about.  The original poster was
referring to her sister(?), a close relative.  I have the most
difficult time counseling friends and relatives who have different
goals (breastfeeding wise) than I might have.  I'm too emotionally
involved.  I might try to encourage my friend with chronic HCV to
breastfeed her children longer than 6 months by sending her
references, etc.  The bottom line is I can't make her do something
she doesn't want to do or feel right about doing.  I will get
frustrated because a know her physicians probably don't have the most
recent info on breastfeeding and transmission of HCV - I might get
angry that she listens to them and not to me.

When I'm helping someone I'm not so emotionally involved with it is
much easier to give facts, ideas, to counsel and NOT give advice.

As my children's nursery school teacher says:

"We're all doing the best we can do!"

Alicia Rudin, LLLL in the Sunshine State (Gainesville, FL)
mailto:[log in to unmask]