Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:05:24 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
In terms of "speaking the same language"  Everyone in the US Med/non medical world can speak English already and I have no trouble speaking that language with Drs/nurses/whoever and they have no trouble speaking that language with me.  I know vocabulary they don't b/c of my child dev. background and they know vocab. I don't.  But we still communicate just fine!

Jaye Simpson, I loved your last post.  this is not about us vs them but an overall lack of really looking at the issues we face in our different settings and the apparent inability of IBLCE to recognize that we do different things.  Also not looking at backgrounds.  E.g., My Master's degree includes a ton about child development.  I don't need that any more.  My intern has her Master's in Counseling.  she really doesn't need a course in communication/listening.

Lastly, someone wrote about IBLCE cerp requirements changing for re-cert.  Yes, they have.  And I just learned of this in July.  I re cert by cerps in 2012, and apparently we need a certain number of E cerps, R cerps as well as L cerps.  Again.  No one's paying attention to what we already know!  Why do I need to take some basic courses on research when I did extensive courses on research methodology and interpretation for my BS AND my M.Ed?  And, before IBLCE required it I took a FULL DAY ethics course--over 5 years ago.  so it doesn't count.  I have more than enough L cerps.  Funny thing...I choose L cerps b/c they help me do my work better and they are not redundant with what I already know.  I wrote to IBLCE about this.  I also looked through all the JHL's from the last year and there was not one E or R cerp opportunity.  Not sure how I'm gonna get these in the next 7 months...

Is IBLCE on Lactnet?  

Renee Beebe, M.Ed, IBCLC
Seattle Washington

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2