From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:46:44 +1000
On 12 August, Nancy Jones wrote:
  " I have never understood why valuable medical professionals such as physical therapists, nutritionists, speech therapists, etc. do not "need" an RN tacked after their initials to be respected valuable members of the medical team, but some  people out there are striving to have IBCLC as part of the nursing profession. "

Your point is well-made Nancy.  In my opinion, too, we all need to work together to make those with the IBCLC credential valued as a freestanding profession - not part of another one.  The professions you have listed above make good examples for us.
   Cheers,
        Virginia
         in Brisbane