From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:09:23 -0800
I don't know anything regarding Dr. Sears.  He and his nurse wife's
popularity came along after my breastfeeding era 26 years ago.  However,
I did look at his website when his *doublespeak* was first brought up.

I agree with Debbie McCallister that instead of LLLi removing their
banner from the Ask Dr. Sears site, they should ask for equal time and
have three times as many *hits* or the equal of how many different ABM
banners come up on Dr. Sears site.  Removing it just makes the formula
point more
forceful.  As a competitor in a retail field, I find that bowing out
isn't the answer, more agressive advertising is.

That would make the formula manufacturers and his sponsors less happy.
Equal or more breastfeeding banners who prove Dr. Sears is serious about
what he wishes to convey--that breastfeeding is best.  But would the
sponsoring ABM manufacturers be happy with him then?  Would he care?

That would prove Dr. Sears' loyalties.

Judy Ritchie