Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 23:08:39 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I have had clients who have had babies with allerguies, whose specific sensitivities were diagnosed with kinesiology. For example, one mom had a baby who was obviously allergic to eggs in mom's diet, but she was surprised to learn that her consumption of chicken was also a problem. Once this was also eliminated, the symptoms resolved.  It is certainly not always that easy, but at least kinesiology is non-invasive.

I would also agree that it is well worth doing a gluten antigen test, since it is such a common, yet undiagnosed problem. My older two children have never had any allergies at all, but my youngest son was allergic to soy and when I eliminated all traces of soy when he was a couple of weeks old, he grew perfectly well and was happy and developmentally ahead of "schedule" . Yet, when he was 4, I was diagnosed with celiac. I had him tested and although he had no sypmtoms, he tested positive for the antibody. BTW, I also had no digestive symptoms at all.

I think that the biggest mistake made by many (probably even most) vegetarians is their reliance on cow milk, grains and soy foods. I am a little unclear--are you saying that the mom and children also eat a vegetarian diet, or only that the dad does. If this is so, I am not seeing how the diet is so limited.

One more thing--I have noticed that many babies who need structural/functional bodywork (like CST or manual theraoy) also have allergies and I am beginning to be convinced that the allergies are secondary to the structural/functional imbalances.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2