From:
Sue Jacoby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:53:21 -0500
Quite a few years ago- maybe 10-12 years I think- I recall there was a
nursing mother's protest at Disneyland because they were using a baby bottle
as the universal symbol for their new rock and rest station.  Seems like it
was in conjunction with an LLL conference, even.  My recollection is that the
protest was effective, and Disneyland changed the symbol to a baby rattle or
something.  Does this ring any bells for anybody in So. California?
This year I would love to see some kind of passive aggressive protest during
the Western Region LLL Conference.  How about stickers quitely affixed to
everything in sight about boycotting Nestle?  No, that could be viewed as
graffitti, I guess... what COULD we do???
Sue Jacoby, IBCLC & LLLL,  always game to foment a little insurrection
against anti-breastfeeding forces.